Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hurricane Half

I just remembered I haven't posted about the Hurricane half marathon we ran April 30th! Jona talked me into doing this marathon I was a little hesitant and nervous because people would say there is a huge hill!! Well, Jona "figured" out the inclines and said it was NOTHING.... WRONG.. There was Mount Everest we had to climb for over 2 miles. And the kicker was that the wind was CRAZY and was blowing us backwards the WHOLE time and it was freezing!! Training was a little difficult because I found out in the middle that I was PREGNANT..surprise!! I was too far in my training that I didn't want to quit. So during the WORST trimester of being sick and TIRED I was running!

Jona did AMAZING he finished in 1:48 and I FINISHED!! I got 2:14! Jona really wanted 1:45 but just couldn't make up the time from the hill! I was 10 weeks when I ran it and felt great! I had some knee pain but it was manageable! I wished I had a faster time but I was too afraid of pushing it too hard and passing out!

I trained with my neighbor and friend Brianna! She was the BEST running partner! She was having problems with her knee so she held back a little at the end!

Marci and Brady also ran the half and Jill and Mckenna ran the 5k Jill took 1st place in her division!!

It was a lot of fun and I would like to do another!! Probably NOT the hurricane one and NOT when I am PREGO!!

No comments: